The fact is: Heart disease is the #1 killer of women, causing 1 in 3 deaths each year. That's approximately one woman every minute! Join FOX 2 and the American Heart Association in the fight against this silent disease.
What is Go Red?
- Go Red For Women celebrates the energy, passion and power we have as women to band together to wipe out heart disease and stroke. Learn more here: http://www.goredforwomen.org/
Do you know where you stand?
- The first step toward a healthier heart means finding out where you stand. Take charge of your health by understanding your risk factors, knowing your body, and recognizing the signs of a heart attack. Spend a few moments to get your free heart health assessment from the American Heart Association - http://mylifecheck.heart.org/AboutUs.aspx?NavID=2&CultureCode=en-US
Why join the cause?
- One out of three women dies from heart disease.
- Nearly 460,000 women every year die from heart disease, this is about one woman per minute
- Every year since 1984 more women than men have died of cardiovascular diseases.
- 43 million American women are currently living with Cardiovascular disease
- Cardiovascular disease kills more women than the next 4 leading causes of death including all cancers