Get this recipe courtesy of Sola Life and Fitness.
Time: 25 minutes
2 cups water
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
8 stalks asparagus, sliced thinly
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pound raw wild shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 tablespoons olive oil
Juice of one lime
1. Combine quinoa and water in a pot, bring to a boil, then cover and lower the temperature. Simmer for 15 minutes, then turn off heat. Let the remaining liquid absorb into the quinoa.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté the garlic, onion and bell pepper until they soften.
3. Add in the asparagus, mushrooms, tomatoes and ginger. Cook until the asparagus is tender.
4. Add in the shrimp to the vegetables and cook until the shrimp turn pink and opaque, about 5 minutes.
5. Mix the lime juice into the quinoa, then toss the quinoa into the vegetables and shrimp. Adjust seasonings.
6. Can be served hot or cold.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 354; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 1.5g; Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g; Monounsaturated fat: 6g; Carbs: 43g; Fiber: 6g; Protein: 24g; Sodium: 276 mg; Cholesterol: 115mg.