ME: Staten Island man died of poisoning - Fox 2 News Headlines

ME: Staten Island man died of poisoning

Posted: Updated:

NEW YORK (AP) - The death of an 83-year-old Staten Island man last year is now being called a homicide.

The Staten Island Advance reports that the city medical examiner's office says Steven Mario Carnesi took a fatal dose of a chemical found in antifreeze.

Carnesi died in his home in the Charleston section of the borough on May 24.

On Dec. 10, the newspaper says the medical examiner officially ruled his death a homicide by "propylene glycol intoxication."

The newspaper says a spokeswoman for the medical examiner's office would not comment on the case.

Information from: Staten Island Advance,

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow

WJBK-TV | Fox 2
16550 West Nine Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075

Main Station: (248) 557-2000
Newsroom: (248) 552-5103

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices