Man charged with sex assault allegedly lured girl into basement - Fox 2 News Headlines

Man charged with sex assault allegedly lured girl into basement

Posted: Updated:
CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) -

A South Side man was due in court Wednesday after being charged with the sexual assault of a young girl he lured into a basement earlier this week.

About 10 p.m. Monday, Eugene Jackson, 18, allegedly met the victim on the street and engaged her in conversation, police said.

Jackson told the girl, a juvenile whose age was not disclosed, his name was "Chris" and he was 14 years old, police said. He then allegedly lured her into a basement in the 7700 block of South Constance Avenue, where he sexually assaulted her.

The girl was able to flee the scene and police were notified. Her mother later took her to a hospital, where she was listed in good condition, according to police.

South Chicago District officers returned to the scene of the assault and found a young man who matched the description of the attacker in a hallway, a release from police said. The officers questioned him, learned his middle name was Christopher and he was detained.

Jackson, of the 7700 block of South Constance, was charged with one count of aggravated criminal sexual assault after he was positively identified by the victim as being the same man who sexually assaulted her, police said.

Jackson was scheduled to appear in court for a bond hearing Wednesday.

Share Your Photos & Video

Powered by WorldNow

WJBK-TV | Fox 2
16550 West Nine Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075

Main Station: (248) 557-2000
Newsroom: (248) 552-5103

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices