TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - The Tucson Fire Department says an electrical problem caused a fire that destroyed two storage buildings on the city's south side early Thursday morning.
One building was fully engulfed and the fire was starting to spread to the second building when the first unit arrived.
Fire Capt. Barrett Baker says a downed power line hampered firefighters as they fought to keep the fire from spreading further.
Occupants of a mobile home threatened by the fire were able to get out safely. It wasn't damaged but two vehicles close to the storage buildings were damaged by the fire.
Baker says the fire was caused by an electrical failure at the service meter and fuse box on 1 of the buildings.
Nine units and 23 firefighters responded to the fire.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.