I-95 At Cottman Ave. Reopens After Damaged Utility Lines Removed - Fox 2 News Headlines

I-95 At Cottman Ave. Reopens After Damaged Power Lines Are Removed

Posted: Updated:
PHILADELPHIA -

A section of I-95 at Cottman Avenue reopened after it was closed to allow PECO crews to remove damaged utility lines.

Crews from PECO and PennDOT closed the northbound lanes of I-95 and the southbound lanes around Cottman Avenue around 5:45 p.m. Tuesday. The closure lasted for nearly an hour.

A PECO spokesperson tells FOX 29 the lines were damaged by a crane that was working in the area earlier in the day.

CHECK: The latest traffic conditions on myfoxphilly.com.

PECO says it was concerned for the safety of drivers, which prompted the decision to remove the lines during rush hour.

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • 3 Injured, Child Killed In Grays Ferry Shooting

    3 Injured, Child Killed In Grays Ferry Shooting

    Friday, August 1 2014 11:20 PM EDT2014-08-02 03:20:11 GMT
    SkyFOX was live over the scene on the 1500 of South Etting Street in South Philadelphia around 9:40 p.m. on Friday. Police say four people have been shot. According to authorities, a 3-year-old girl was shot, one time in the left side of her chest. She was transported to the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and was pronounced dead. 
    SkyFOX was live over the scene on the 1500 of South Etting Street in South Philadelphia around 9:40 p.m. on Friday. Police say four people have been shot. According to authorities, a 3-year-old girl was shot, one time in the left side of her chest. She was transported to the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and was pronounced dead. 
  • Philadelphia Cabs Set To Have Security Cameras

    Philadelphia Cabs Set To Have Security Cameras

    Friday, August 1 2014 11:14 PM EDT2014-08-02 03:14:51 GMT
    Philadelphia cab owners are being told they must install new security cameras, and not everyone is happy about it.
    Philadelphia cab owners are being told they must install new security cameras, and not everyone is happy about it.
  • Suspect Confesses To Murder, Police Search For Bodies In Park

    Suspect Confesses To Murder, Police Search For Bodies In Park

    Friday, August 1 2014 10:22 PM EDT2014-08-02 02:22:08 GMT
    Authorities say they are searching allegedly for two dismembered bodies buried in a wooded in Indian Rock Park in Springfield after a murder suspect confessed to killing two people.
    Authorities say they are searching allegedly for two dismembered bodies buried in a wooded in Indian Rock Park in Springfield after a murder suspect confessed to killing two people.
Powered by WorldNow

WJBK-TV | Fox 2
16550 West Nine Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075

Main Station: (248) 557-2000
Newsroom: (248) 552-5103

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices