A New York City dog has undergone emergency canine surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.
A Jack Russell terrier named Jack swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly became ill.
The 13-year-old pooch's owner rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.
That's when dog doctors put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins. The zinc from the coins could be lethal.
The dog's owner says his best friend is back to his normal self.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.