Eric Garcetti: Wendy Greuel's Running On Rhetoric - Fox 2 News Headlines

Eric Garcetti: Wendy Greuel's 'Running On Rhetoric'

Posted: Updated:
Los Angeles, CA -

(FOX 11) Los Angeles Mayoral candidate Eric Garcetti told Good Day LA that while he's a results-orientated candidate, his opponent, Wendy Greuel, is all talk.

"Wendy Greuel's running on rhetoric, I'm running on results," he said.

As for the charge that he's anti-union?

"Nothing could be farther from the truth," he said. "I'm part of a union (as is my family). I have a lot of support (but) public unions didn't line up behind me because I made tough decisions."

On Thursday, Garcetti received the endorsement of one-time mayoral candidate Jan Perry -- one of the three black members of the City Council.

"I think Jane Perry's endorsement is huge," he said on GDLA.

Also Thursday, Greuel received the endorsement of basketball legend Magic Johnson.
  • The Latest From Good Day LAMore>>

Graceland: An Anniversary Of Rock n' Roll Exhibit

Thursday, April 17 2014 12:42 PM EDT2014-04-17 16:42:31 GMT
    [VIEW PHOTO GALLERY] We celebrate the 60th anniversary of rock and roll. A new exhibit at Graceland honoring the anniversary features a selection of historic artifacts from the king of rock and roll himself.

Alicia Silverstone: The Kind Mama

Thursday, April 17 2014 12:32 PM EDT2014-04-17 16:32:11 GMT
    Alicia Silverstone's new book, "The Kind Mama" is a follow up to her hugely successful book "The Kind Diet" which was a #1 New York Times bestseller.
  • Mar Yvette's Weekend Roundup

Weekend Roundup: Chaser Brand, Easter At The Grove & Provenance Newport Beach

Weekend Roundup: Chaser Brand, Easter At The Grove & Provenance Newport Beach

Thursday, April 17 2014 12:23 PM EDT2014-04-17 16:23:09 GMT
    [VIEW PHOTO GALLERY] FOX 11's food and fun expert Mar Yvette searches the Los Angeles area for some of the best places to eat, drink, shop and have a great time.

Griffith Park Mountain Lion Found Sick, Possibly Poisoned

Thursday, April 17 2014 3:26 PM EDT2014-04-17 19:26:14 GMT
    Rat poison may be responsible for the sorry condition of a wild mountain lion in LA's Griffith Park. The mountain lion is known to the National Park Service as ‘P-22'.
  • myFOX Tech

Tired, Sore Eyes? Enter: Gunnar Optiks Intercept

Tired, Sore Eyes? Enter: Gunnar Optiks Intercept

Thursday, April 17 2014 1:39 PM EDT2014-04-17 17:39:18 GMT
    I met the folks from Gunnar Optiks at CES this year and they had something new to show me. The Intercepts. I have a big head, these are big frames, it was kismet but do they work as good as they look? We'll see.
    I met the folks from Gunnar Optiks at CES this year and they had something new to show me. The Intercepts. I have a big head, these are big frames, it was kismet but would my eyes revel in this serendipitous confluence of events? We'll see.

Mich. judge to killer: 'I hope you die in prison'

Thursday, April 17 2014 9:42 AM EDT2014-04-17 13:42:06 GMT
    A Michigan judge goes off after a convicted killer mocked her victim's family during sentencing on Wednesday. Find out what made Judge John McBain say "I hope you die in prison."
Powered by WorldNow

WJBK-TV | Fox 2
16550 West Nine Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075

Main Station: (248) 557-2000
Newsroom: (248) 552-5103

Didn't find what you were looking for?
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices