(FOX 11) It's official: NBC announced Wednesday that Jimmy Fallon will take over the "Tonight Show" from its longtime host, Jay Leno, next spring.
So the question now becomes: Who's in line to replace Fallon?
Here are some of the names that have been banded about:
1) Seth Meyers: Fallon's friend is considered the top pick -- and he already has a great relationship with the show's executive producer, Lorne Michaels, who also EPs "Saturday Night Live." And let's face it, he's a great comedic writer.
2) Howard Stern: A long shot since he already has a wildly successful radio program and TV gigs. And wouldn't it be a demotion to such a late night time slot?
3) Jon Stewart: A long shot but still, how awesome would that be?!
4) Chelsea Handler: The funnywoman could take her witty banter to the network (her E! show is owned by NBC parent company NBC Universal) following in the footsteps of Joan Rivers.
5) Ross "The Intern" Matthews: The squeaky-voiced intern of Jay Leno is a breakout star who has experience hosting -- often filling in on "Chelsea Lately."
6) Chris Rock: He's just awesome.
7) Justin Timberlake: A favorite of Fallon's who's a triple threat: Singer, actor and performer. Did you see his latest "Saturday Night Live" performance?
Weigh in on our Facebook page: Facebook.com/fox11la