Last 2 Attackers Learn Fates In Old City Beating Death Case - Fox 2 News Headlines

Last 2 Attackers Learn Fates In Old City Beating Death Case

Posted: Updated:

It is a case that shocked the city more than a year ago, when a Temple grad was beaten to death after a night out in Old City.

All the accused attackers finally know their fates.

FOX 29's Thomas Drayton was live from the newsroom Friday with how this court case finally ended.

It was a very emotional day for all the families involved in what some call a fight that just went too far.

Two of the three men accused of beating 23-year-old Kevin Kless will now spend the next few years behind bars.

The charges stem from an incident in January of last year. Kless was trying to hail a cab in Old City after a night out with two female friends.

He got frustrated and yelled at a passing cab driver.

Three young men in a car behind the taxi thought Kless had yelled at them, and a fight broke out. Kless was killed.

On Friday, both Kenneth Santiago and Steven Ferguson pleaded guilty.

As part of the plea deal, Santiago was sentenced to two to five years in jail.

Ferguson, the man who police say delivered the fatal blow, was punished more severely. He will serve five to 10 years.

Kendall Kless, the victim's mother, talked outside court about her son, whose life, she says, was cut short for no reason.

"There will be no more Kevin jokes, no more ingenious Halloween costumes. We've lost our youngest, baby son, and the pain of that loss is indescribable," she said.

The third man charged in the beating, Felix Carillo, took a deal in January. He is serving two to five years in prison.

Powered by WorldNow

WJBK-TV | Fox 2
16550 West Nine Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075

Main Station: (248) 557-2000
Newsroom: (248) 552-5103

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices