Many people who start exercising after being sedentary sustain a sports injury. However, with the proper precautions, sports injuries can often be prevented.
How can I prevent a sports injury?
Join Deena Centofanti in a live chat room on Wednesday starting at 9am to get answers to that question.
Joining Deena to provide the answers: Dr. Paul J Schreck, MD, Orthopedic Surgery, Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe and Shariff K Bishai, DO, Orhtopdedist Beaumont Hospital.
In the meantime, before the chat room opens, take our TRUE OR FALSE QUIZ:
1. TRUE OR FALSE -- IT'S MORE IMPORTANT TO STRETCH AFTER YOU EXERCISE THAN BEFORE YOU EXERCISE.
2. TRUE OR FALSE -- A LONGER MUSCLE IS A STRONGER MUSCLE.
3. TRUE OR FALSE-- EATING RICE WILL HELP YOU RECOVER FROM A MUSCLE PULL.
4. TRUE OR FALSE -- ICING FOR MORE THAN 15-MINUTES AT A TIME CAN CAUSE NERVE DAMAGE.
5. TRUE OR FALSE -- SHOES WITH PROPER SUPPORT CAN ACTUALLY CORRECT PROBLEMS THAT LEAD TO INJURY.
6. TRUE OR FALSE -- ABDOMINAL EXERCISES HELP PREVENT BACK INJURIES.
7. TRUE OR FALSE -- GARDENING IS A FORM OF EXERCISE
8. TRUE OF FALSE -- YOU MUST EXERCISE VIGOROUSLY FOR AT LEAST 30 MINUTES STRAIGHT, 5 DAYS A WEEK IN ORDER TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH.
9. TRUE OR FALSE -- EXERCISES IN WHICH YOUR MUSCLES EXERT FORCE WITHOUT MOVEMENT ARE CALLED RESISTANCE EXERCISES.
10. TRUE OR FAALSE -- MEN OVER THE AGE OF 40 AND WOMEN OVER THE AGE OF 50 SHOULD GET A MEDICAL EXAMINATION BEFORE BEGINNING AN EXERCISE PROGRAM.
Tune into Fox 2 News Mornings at Nine to get the answers to these questions. Ask your own questions in a live chat room on this page starting at 9 a.m.
WJBK-TV | Fox 2
Didn't find what you were looking for?