Amber Alert canceled for missing Detroit girl, 3 - Fox 2 News Headlines

Amber Alert canceled for missing Detroit girl, 3

Posted: Updated:
Alonna Anderson, 3 Alonna Anderson, 3
Stacey Anderson, 29 Stacey Anderson, 29
DETROIT (WJBK) -

Police say a 3-year-old girl who was reportedly taken in Detroit while her father was assaulting her mother has been recovered safe.

An Amber Alert was issued for Alonna Anderson, who had been last seen Sunday at her home on the city's west side.

Police say Stacey Anderson, the girl's 29-year-old father, on Monday morning released the child to his aunt, who took her to a Detroit police precinct. Police say the girl was safe and wasn't harmed.

Police say on Sunday a man placed Alonna inside a green Jeep Cherokee while Stacey was assaulting the child's mother. Stacey's mother denies that claim. "My son would not hurt her," said Tracy Anderson. "My son loves that little girl."

Police say Anderson violated a personal protection order when he entered the home to take the child without permission. He remains on the loose.

"Sometimes you make bad decisions at the wrong time," said neighbor Raymond-Jermaine Stokes. "This decision probably was the wrong one and he understood that. It was safer for him to bring her back home."

The case remains under investigation.

- The Associated Press contributed to this report

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Livonia man dies after 2 dogs attack him

    Livonia man dies after 2 dogs attack him

    Thursday, July 24 2014 3:49 PM EDT2014-07-24 19:49:30 GMT
    A 46-year-old Livonia man was killed Wednesday evening after he was attacked by two dogs while jogging in Metamora.
    A 46-year-old Livonia man was killed Wednesday evening after he was attacked by two dogs while jogging in Metamora.
  • Council considering land deal for US-Canada bridge

    Council considering land deal for US-Canada bridge

    Thursday, July 24 2014 3:48 PM EDT2014-07-24 19:48:33 GMT
    The Detroit City Council is considering the transfer of 301 city-owned properties to the Michigan Land Bank in exchange for $1.4 million from the Canadian government as part of plans for a $2 billion international commuter bridge.
    The Detroit City Council is considering the transfer of 301 city-owned properties to the Michigan Land Bank in exchange for $1.4 million from the Canadian government as part of plans for a $2 billion international commuter bridge.
  • Porch shooter: I didn't know gun was loaded

    Porch shooter: I didn't know gun was loaded

    Thursday, July 24 2014 12:48 PM EDT2014-07-24 16:48:56 GMT
    A suburban Detroit man who killed an unarmed woman on his porch immediately suggested to police it was an accident and that he didn't know his shotgun was loaded, according to recorded remarks played in court Thursday.
    A suburban Detroit man who killed an unarmed woman on his porch immediately suggested to police it was an accident and that he didn't know his shotgun was loaded, according to recorded remarks played in court Thursday.
Powered by WorldNow

WJBK-TV | Fox 2
16550 West Nine Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075

Main Station: (248) 557-2000
Newsroom: (248) 552-5103

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices