Madison Heights fire crews say a white powder that fell out of an envelope is to blame for causing the Hazmat situation at a Michigan Department of Human Services building on Montpelier.
Video from the scene shows several trucks from the department setting up in the building's parking lot and fire fighters getting outfitted in the familiar white protective suits.
A worker inside opened an envelope and the power fell out. She washed her hands and called 911. Fire crews determined the material was not dangerous.
The Madison Heights Police Department is now investigating.
WJBK-TV | Fox 2 16550 West Nine Mile Rd.Southfield, MI 48075Main Station: (248) 557-2000Newsroom: (248) 552-5103