Jeter placed on 15-day disabled list - Fox 2 News Headlines

Jeter placed on 15-day disabled list

Posted: Updated:

NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Yankees have placed Derek Jeter on the 15-day disabled list with a right quad strain sustained in his first game back with the team last week after being out all season with a broken left ankle.
 
The Yankees made the announcement Friday before the team opened the second half of the season against the Red Sox in Boston. The 39-year-old shortstop singled on his first pitch in a major league game this year as the Yankees beat Kansas City on July 11, but he left in the eighth inning when his quad tightened.
 
At the time, Jeter said he hoped the strain was "not a big deal."
 
The Yankees also signed infielder Brent Lillibridge from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

  • Sports NewsSports NewsMore>>

  • Facing child abuse charges, Adrian Peterson absent from Sunday game

    Facing child abuse charges, Adrian Peterson absent from Sunday game

    Sunday, September 14 2014 9:43 PM EDT2014-09-15 01:43:12 GMT
    Star Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has been indicted in Texas on a charge of child abuse after using a branch to spank his son, and was swiftly benched by the team on Friday for this weekend's game against New England.
    Star Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has been indicted in Texas on a charge of child abuse after using a branch to spank his son, and was swiftly benched by the team on Friday for this weekend's game against New England. 
  • Wedding forces rescheduling of college football game

    Wedding forces rescheduling of college football game

    You think fall weddings are inconvenient for college football fans? Imagine being a coach with a daughter who has her heart set on a Saturday in late September.
    You think fall weddings are inconvenient for college football fans? Imagine being a coach with a daughter who has her heart set on a Saturday in late September.
  • Source: Ray Rice video sent to NFL

    Source: Ray Rice video sent to NFL

    Wednesday, September 10 2014 7:14 PM EDT2014-09-10 23:14:48 GMT
    A law enforcement official says he sent a video of Ray Rice punching his then-fiancée to an NFL executive five months ago, while league executives have insisted they didn't see the violent images until this week. The person played The Associated Press a 12-second voicemail from an NFL office number on April 9 confirming the video arrived. A female voice expresses thanks and says: "You're right. It's terrible."
    A law enforcement official says he sent a video of Ray Rice punching his then-fiancée to an NFL executive five months ago, while league executives have insisted they didn't see the violent images until this week. The person played The Associated Press a 12-second voicemail from an NFL office number on April 9 confirming the video arrived. A female voice expresses thanks and says: "You're right. It's terrible."
Powered by WorldNow

WJBK-TV | Fox 2
16550 West Nine Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075

Main Station: (248) 557-2000
Newsroom: (248) 552-5103

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices