Chef Amanda Cohen of Dirty Candy Cafe prepared tomato tart in the Good Day Cafe.
Dirty Candy Cafe, 430 East 9th Street
Cohen is taking part in the Heart Pink Apron Party. Fore tickets, visit EllensRun.org
3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
6 tablespoons sugar
3c large eggs
1 cups plus 6 tablespoons all-purpose sifted flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
1/3 cup tomato powder
1/3 cup milk
4 cups blanched and peeled tomatoes
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
Fleur de Sel to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line a baking pan with parchmentpaper then spray the pan and paper with Pam or other non-stick spray.
2) In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
3) While the mixer is still running, add the eggs one at a time.
4) In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder,salt, and tomato powder until evenly mixed.
5) Slowly add the flour mixture to the creamed butter and eggs,with the mixer set on a low speed. Once it's incorporated, slowly stream in the milk.
6) Pour the mixture into the greased pan and use an offset spatulato spread it evenly. Slide it into the oven and let cook for 10 minutes, then rotate the tray and cook for 10 more minutes. Remove once it is a dark orange,but don't let it turn brown.
7) Cut all of the tomatoes in half and mix with the olive oil and the garlic.