Prosecutor: No assault charges against Andy Dillon - Fox 2 News Headlines

Prosecutor: No assault charges against Andy Dillon

Posted: Updated:
Andy Dillon Andy Dillon
Carol Dillon Carol Dillon
REDFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WJBK) -

No charges will be filed against State Treasurer Andy Dillon, accused of assaulting his ex-wife.

Carol Dillon said she was assaulted at her home in Redford Township July 13 while Dillon was drunk. Dillon denied the charges and the Wayne County Prosecutor's office said there was insufficient evidence to take the case to court. Last month a judge issued a restraining order against both Andy and Carol Dillon saying the pair cannot have contact with each other unless it involves their child.

And in another twist, Dillon's ex-wife has agreed to drop a one-year personal protection order against a Detroit reporter.  Carol Dillon obtained the order in January from a Wayne County judge without a court hearing.

She had accused Leonard Fleming of The Detroit News of making violent threats and sending sexually explicit photos of himself. Fleming's attorney, Deanna Kelley, says the allegations were untrue.

Kelley says Dillon dropped the personal protection order after Fleming was prepared to go to a judge with text message evidence of threats by Dillon. Dillon says she agreed to end the protection order because Kelley claimed it was affecting Fleming's job. 

A judge extinguished the order several weeks later. Kelley says Fleming and Dillon once had a relationship.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Pensioners approve Detroit bankruptcy plan

    Pensioners approve Detroit bankruptcy plan

    Monday, July 21 2014 11:39 PM EDT2014-07-22 03:39:04 GMT
    The city of Detroit says workers and retirees have approved pension cuts, a crucial step to emerging from the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history. The city reported results Monday after two months of balloting ended July 11. A judge still must hold a trial to determine if Detroit's overall bankruptcy plan is fair and feasible, but support from retirees is vital.
    The city of Detroit says workers and retirees have approved pension cuts, a crucial step to emerging from the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history. The city reported results Monday after two months of balloting ended July 11. A judge still must hold a trial to determine if Detroit's overall bankruptcy plan is fair and feasible, but support from retirees is vital.
  • DPD's 6th precinct struck by bullets in drive-by shooting

    DPD's 6th precinct struck by bullets in drive-by shooting

    Monday, July 21 2014 11:06 PM EDT2014-07-22 03:06:31 GMT
    Detroit police say bullets struck the 6th Precinct building during a drive-by shooting. This was the same precinct where four officers were shot back in 2011.
    Detroit police say bullets struck the 6th Precinct building during a drive-by shooting. This was the same precinct where four officers were shot back in 2011.
  • City turns down Vinsetta Garage's new parking proposal

    City turns down Vinsetta Garage's new parking proposal

    Monday, July 21 2014 10:31 PM EDT2014-07-22 02:31:49 GMT
    Vinsetta Garage, a popular restaurant in Berkley, proposed to tear down several homes and build a parking lot to solve the parking issue in the neighborhood, but the proposal was turned down Monday at city hall.
    Vinsetta Garage, a popular restaurant in Berkley, proposed to tear down several homes and build a parking lot to solve the parking issue in the neighborhood, but the proposal was turned down Monday at city hall.
Powered by WorldNow

WJBK-TV | Fox 2
16550 West Nine Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075

Main Station: (248) 557-2000
Newsroom: (248) 552-5103

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices