Detroit Marriott plans $30 million renovation - Fox 2 News Headlines

Detroit Marriott plans $30 million renovation

Posted: Updated:
DETROIT (AP) -

The Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center plans to begin a $30 million renovation in February.

The downtown hotel is located in the same complex as Detroit-based General Motors Co.'s headquarters. Renovations are expected to take about a year.

In announcing the project Monday, the hotel says its 70-floor facility will remain open during the project. Work includes overhauling 1,329 guest rooms and other spaces. New decor is expected to include updated colors and prominent photos of Detroit architectural landmarks.

The hotel's area general manager Shonda Johnson said in a statement that Detroit Marriott is "energized by the current revival of Detroit."

Detroit last month requested bankruptcy protection, the largest municipal filing in U.S. history. Redevelopment projects in the city have continued to move forward.

------

Online:

http://www.detroitmarriott.com

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Evan Reed arraigned on sexual assault charges

    Evan Reed arraigned on sexual assault charges

    Thursday, July 31 2014 2:21 PM EDT2014-07-31 18:21:35 GMT
    Minor league pitcher Evan Reed has been arraigned on charges of sexually assaulting a woman at a downtown Detroit hotel.
    Minor league pitcher Evan Reed has been arraigned on charges of sexually assaulting a woman at a downtown Detroit hotel.
  • Two in custody on drug charges after search connected to Armada teen's murder

    Two in custody on drug charges after search connected to Armada teen's murder

    Thursday, July 31 2014 12:17 PM EDT2014-07-31 16:17:30 GMT
    The FBI and state police were at a home on Marquette Road in Goodells, Mich. most of Wednesday executing an investigative search warrant related to the murder of 14-year-old April Millsap.
    The FBI and state police were at a home on Marquette Road in Goodells, Mich. most of Wednesday executing an investigative search warrant related to the murder of 14-year-old April Millsap.
  • 24-year-old women is $66 million jackpot winner

    24-year-old women is $66 million jackpot winner

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:26 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:26:09 GMT
    The Michigan Lottery says a Port Huron woman is the winner of a $66 million Mega Millions jackpot that was drawn in mid-June.Kelsey Zachow says in a statement that she "could barely breathe" when she learned she was the winner.
    The Michigan Lottery says a Port Huron woman is the winner of a $66 million Mega Millions jackpot that was drawn in mid-June.Kelsey Zachow says in a statement that she "could barely breathe" when she learned she was the winner.
Powered by WorldNow

WJBK-TV | Fox 2
16550 West Nine Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075

Main Station: (248) 557-2000
Newsroom: (248) 552-5103

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices