The qualified individual will work as a technician at a Goodyear service center. The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company operates more than 600 service centers throughout the United States committed to providing an outstanding customer service experience. Goodyear service centers are professional, well-respected stores, representing the best-selling, best-known tire brand in North America. This store format is built upon full-service offerings - selling tires, but also concentrating on a complete range of auto maintenance and repair specialties, including brakes, exhaust, engine work, suspension systems, heating/cooling, electrical and more.
Goodyear is looking for individuals that embrace our shared corporate values such as open-mindedness, individual contribution, good character, positive attitude, and motivation to succeed! Goodyear values and maintains a culture committed to teamwork, mutual support, dedication and fun.
The Automotive Technician is responsible for being able to professionally inspect, repair and maintain services under MAP guidelines to promote Goodyear's high customer satisfaction levels. The technician performs work as outlined on the repair order in accordance with dealerships, factory and Goodyear standards. Will be required to work with lube and oil filter, transmission service, alignment, computer systems diagnosis, tune-up, brake systems, steering and suspension. Must explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include other associates and customers, and continuously learns new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology. The auto tech does work the Goodyear way according to Goodyear's policies and procedures. Will also assist in training and with the shadowing process as well as be required to maintain an organized service department.
* State Specific Certifications required
* A5 ASE certification desired.
* Two or more years of experience in mechanical/auto repair related work.
* Professional hands on experience with lube, oil, filter, brakes, preventative maintenance fluid flushes, transmission, alignment and diagnostics is required
* Valid driver's license and the ability to drive company and customer vehicles is required
* Basic math skills
* Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with customers, associates and management
* Must be reliable and able to work a flexible schedule depending on business needs
* Advanced understanding of under the hood, mechanical and under carriage assemblies
* Must have experience using a standard/metric wrench and socket set, screwdrivers, hammer, impact gun and sockets, prybar, alignment toe hooks, air hammer, tape measure, vise grips, torque bits, wheel bearing socket set, 12 volt test light, and oil filter tools to perform the duties of the Master ASE Technician position
* Ability to stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, grip, handle, lift/ carry up to 60 pounds, and push/pull up to 60 pounds up to 2/3 of the work day
* Must also have the ability to lift / carry over 60 pounds and push/pull over 60 pounds up to 1/3 of the work day
To apply for this opportunity,
or for other opportunities with Goodyear at http://www.goodyear.com/careers