George Piliouras and Associates offers the following insight on overcoming your emotions during a job interview.
TIPS TO OVERCOME FEAR
1. BE FULLY PREPARED: Being prepared eases tension. Speak from your heart, know your strengths, understand what the company is looking for and be prepared to tell them how your strengths can help them achieve their goals.
2. RELAX: Deep breaths while waiting to interview. Breathe slowly during the interview makes your diaphragm relax, keeps anxiety down and keeps you focused.
3. BE POSITIVE and FRIENDLY: Act like you're talking to a good friend. That keeps energy positive for you, keeps you relaxed and engages your audience that all helps you overcome fears and tensions.
4. GREAT EYE CONTACT: Eye contact will make you confident, demonstrates sincerity and proves "you're in charge." When you look at someone while interviewing it eases your tension as you engage in conversation.
5. BODY LANGUAGE: Great body language makes you and your interviewer comfortable. Don't fold your arms, don't get too close. Appear confident. Good body language can work to ease your fears and feel like you're talking to a trusted friend.
More from George Piliouras and Associates
INSPIRE. MOTIVATE. ENGAGE -- WEBSITE: http://www.gpiliourasandassoc.com/
WJBK-TV | Fox 2
Didn't find what you were looking for?