LI man found dead behind trash bin identified - Fox 2 News Headlines

LI man found dead behind trash bin identified

Posted: Updated:

NEW YORK (AP) - Police on Long Island say a man found dead behind a trash bin had been in a fight the day he died.

Suffolk County police identified the victim as 27-year-old Elvis Canales of Copiague.

According to Newsday  police say he had been drinking with a group of people early Sunday in a Copiague parking lot when he got into a fight with another man.

His body was later found in the parking lot behind a trash bin.

Police say Canales had a laceration on his hand. They provided no other details.

The medical examiner will determine the cause of death.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • Long Island NewsLong Island NewsMore>>

  • ‘Swim across America’ cancer research and prevention event

    ‘Swim across America’ cancer research and prevention event

    Saturday, July 26 2014 10:56 PM EDT2014-07-27 02:56:44 GMT
    The battle against cancer hit the shores of Larchmont, New York over the weekend. Hundreds took the plunge to raise money for cancer research, prevention and treatment as Swim across America held its annual open water swim across Long Island Sound. 
    The battle against cancer hit the shores of Larchmont, New York over the weekend. Hundreds took the plunge to raise money for cancer research, prevention and treatment as Swim across America held its annual open water swim across Long Island Sound. 
  • NY man arrested on DWI charge after friend killed

    NY man arrested on DWI charge after friend killed

    Saturday, July 26 2014 5:12 PM EDT2014-07-26 21:12:09 GMT
    Police say a Long Island man struck and killed a friend after she got out of his car and started walking because she believed he was drunk.
    Police say a Long Island man struck and killed a friend after she got out of his car and started walking because she believed he was drunk.
  • Another company to give family free cruise

    Family of 5-year-old with cancer upset with cruise line

    Family of 5-year-old with cancer upset with cruise line

    Friday, July 25 2014 6:52 PM EDT2014-07-25 22:52:08 GMT
    A Long Island family is upset that a cruise line won't accommodate them after their 5-year-old son had to have emergency surgery for cancer. Nicolas Colucci and the rest of his family was supposed to go on a cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway. They did not buy travel insurance, so Norwegian says they cannot rebook the cruise so close to departure. The CEO of a rival cruise line saw their story and reached out to the Colucci family to offer them a free cruise.
    A Long Island family is upset that a cruise line won't accommodate them after their 5-year-old son had to have emergency surgery for cancer. Nicolas Colucci and the rest of his family was supposed to go on a cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway. They did not buy travel insurance, so Norwegian says they cannot rebook the cruise so close to departure. The CEO of a rival cruise line saw their story and reached out to the Colucci family to offer them a free cruise.
Powered by WorldNow

WJBK-TV | Fox 2
16550 West Nine Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075

Main Station: (248) 557-2000
Newsroom: (248) 552-5103

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices