On-duty Detroit police officer charged in sexual assault - Fox 2 News Headlines

On-duty Detroit police officer charged in sexual assault

Posted: Updated:
Deon Nunlee's mug shot Deon Nunlee's mug shot
(WJBK) -

Wayne Co. prosecutors have charged a Detroit police officer in connection with the sexual assault of a woman that occurred when he was dispatched to a disturbance at her location.

Officer Deon Nunlee and his partner received a call for domestic violence at a home on Asbury Park around 3 a.m. on October 30, 2013. Officer Nunlee went upstairs with the woman who called 911 saying her boyfriend had assaulted her, and Nunlee's partner stayed downstairs with the boyfriend.

The woman claims Nunlee, 40, sexually assaulted her while they were in a bedroom, and that he also told her he would come back to the house later around 7 a.m.

When the officer left the house the woman told two friends about the incident, and reported it to police the next day. A rape kit was conducted.

Chief James Craig said at a news conference Friday that the officer was suspended with pay when the allegation came in. He was put on desk duty Oct. 31.

On Feb. 10 the DNA was linked to Nunlee and he was then suspended without pay. Nunlee has been on the force for six years.

Thursday, March 6, a warrant went out for Nunlee's arrest and he turned himself in.

Prosecutor Kym Worthy has charged Nunlee with three counts of Criminal Sexual Conduct Second Degree, one count of Assault with Intent to Penetrate and one count of Misconduct in Office.

Nunlee was arraigned Friday and received a bond of $50,000. He is due back in court April 17.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • LIVE STREAM: Trench collapse in Pittsfield Township

    LIVE STREAM: Trench collapse in Pittsfield Township

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 4:44 PM EDT2014-07-30 20:44:25 GMT
    Emergency crews are at the scene of an apparent trench collapse in Pittsfield Township.
    Emergency crews are at the scene of an apparent trench collapse in Pittsfield Township.
  • Michigan man mocked on Instagram by Shaquille O'Neal, celebrities files lawsuit

    Michigan man mocked on Instagram by Shaquille O'Neal, celebrities files lawsuit

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 4:39 PM EDT2014-07-30 20:39:08 GMT
    Jahmel Binion filed a lawsuit in Macomb County court today.Jahmel Binion filed a lawsuit in Macomb County court today.
    They said they were sorry -- but it's not enough.The local man -- who was mocked for his appearance on Instagram by Shaquille O'Neal and other celebrities is now suing. Jahmel Binion filed a lawsuit in a Macomb County court today.Binion claims that O'Neal, NBA player Trey Burke and rapper Waka Flocka Flame caused him emotional distress when they made fun of him on social media earlier this year.Binion was born with a rare genetic condition that affects his physical appearance.The lawsuit also...
    They said they were sorry -- but it's not enough.The local man -- who was mocked for his appearance on Instagram by Shaquille O'Neal and other celebrities is now suing. Jahmel Binion filed a lawsuit in a Macomb County court today.Binion claims that O'Neal, NBA player Trey Burke and rapper Waka Flocka Flame caused him emotional distress when they made fun of him on social media earlier this year.Binion was born with a rare genetic condition that affects his physical appearance.The lawsuit also...
  • More than 600 file lawsuit against GM over ignition switches

    More than 600 file lawsuit against GM over ignition switches

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 4:04 PM EDT2014-07-30 20:04:48 GMT
    Another legal bump in the road for General Motors. Now, a lawsuit has been filed by more than 600 people. They say they had GM cars recalled for faulty ignition switches and suffered injures, or are related to someone who died in a crash. They filed the lawsuit because they say they are not covered in the victims compensation program. Their problems came apparently after the bankruptcy. the law suit was filed in New York.The lawsuit filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court names 29 people who wer...
    Another legal bump in the road for General Motors. Now, a lawsuit has been filed by more than 600 people. They say they had GM cars recalled for faulty ignition switches and suffered injures, or are related to someone who died in a crash. They filed the lawsuit because they say they are not covered in the victims compensation program. Their problems came apparently after the bankruptcy. the law suit was filed in New York.The lawsuit filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court names 29 people who wer...
  • Download the FOX 2 Apps


  • FOX 2 News Five-Day Forecast
Powered by WorldNow

WJBK-TV | Fox 2
16550 West Nine Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075

Main Station: (248) 557-2000
Newsroom: (248) 552-5103

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices