Fifth CTA derailment suit filed by Park Forest man - Fox 2 News Headlines

Fifth CTA derailment suit filed by Park Forest man

Posted: Updated:
CHICAGO (Sun-Times Media Wire) -

A south suburban man who was hurt when a Blue Line train derailed early Monday at the O'Hare station has filed the fifth lawsuit against the CTA in connection with the incident.

Eric Cates, 53, was waiting for a southbound train at the Rosemont stop Monday morning when he got tired of standing in the cold and decided to board a northbound train and switch at the more sheltered O'Hare stop, according to a statement from his attorneys, Latherow Law Office.

Cates, who lives in Park Forest with his sister, was in the third car at the time of the crash and sustained a knee injury, attorneys said. The law firm said he was unable to walk and had to be taken off the train by emergency workers.

The two-count suit was filed Thursday in the Cook County Circuit Court. It claims negligence and negligent infliction of emotional distress against the CTA and seeks an unspecified amount in damages.

At least four other women who work at O'Hare and were hurt in the crash filed lawsuits earlier this week against the transit agency.

A CTA spokeswoman declined to comment on any of the pending litigation.

--Contact: Atty. Lathrow Law Office, (312) 372-0052.

Follow Us!

Share Your Photos & Video

Powered by WorldNow

WJBK-TV | Fox 2
16550 West Nine Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075

Main Station: (248) 557-2000
Newsroom: (248) 552-5103

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices