Taco Bell Beef Is Only 88 Percent Meat. Read About That Other 12 - Fox 2 News Headlines

Taco Bell Beef Is Only 88 Percent Meat. Read About That Other 12 Percent

Posted: Updated:
A few years back Taco Bell admitted that the beef it uses in its tacos and burritos is actually only 88 percent beef. That had a lot of people wondering... What's in the other 12 percent?

Well now Taco Bell is explaining more about the ingredients list that includes such yummy sounding items as soy lecithin, trehalose, maltodextrin, potassium chloride and sodium phosphates. They admit that they use oats and cellulose in the beef but they say - not as fillers, but as "binders" that keep the beef moist.

Here's the webpage where they list each ingredient and explain what they are. They point out that malto-dextrin, for example, is a sugar. And that citric acid brightens the flavor. If you want to check out the page for yourself, it's hard to find at the Taco Bell website so we've included a link below for your perusal.

Here's the link to Taco Bell page: http://www.tacobell.com/nutrition/foodfacts/BeefQuality/BeefIngredientFAQ

Powered by WorldNow

WJBK-TV | Fox 2
16550 West Nine Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075

Main Station: (248) 557-2000
Newsroom: (248) 552-5103

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices