Gas fumes spur evacuation at day care center - Fox 2 News Headlines

Gas fumes spur evacuation at day care center

Posted: Updated:

PEQUANNOCK, N.J. (AP) - Dozens of children were evacuated from a northern New Jersey day care center after they apparently were overcome by gas fumes from construction equipment being used at the building.

Pequannock police said no serious injuries were reported in the incident, which occurred Monday at a building on Route 23 in the Morris County community. It's occupied by the center and two other businesses.

Thirty-four children and two adults who work at the center were taken to the hospital, mostly as a precaution. Other children were treated at the scene.

The incident remains under investigation.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • New Jersey NewsNew Jersey NewsMore>>

  • Crash in Lincoln Tunnel causes major delays

    Crash in Lincoln Tunnel causes major delays

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 3:06 PM EDT2014-09-02 19:06:51 GMT
    One of the tubes of the Lincoln Tunnel was closed for nearly four hours after a chain-reaction accident involving a New York-bound jitney bus and two other vehicles. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Steve Coleman says three people were reported injured in the accident in the center tube at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
    One of the tubes of the Lincoln Tunnel was closed for nearly four hours after a chain-reaction accident involving a New York-bound jitney bus and two other vehicles. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Steve Coleman says three people were reported injured in the accident in the center tube at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.

  • $1M Powerball ticket sold in NJ set to expire

    $1M Powerball ticket sold in NJ set to expire

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 2:23 PM EDT2014-09-02 18:23:45 GMT
    State lottery officials say a Powerball ticket worth $1 million that was sold at a northern New Jersey convenience store last year will soon expire.
    State lottery officials say a Powerball ticket worth $1 million that was sold at a northern New Jersey convenience store last year will soon expire.
  • Princeton worker told to choose medical pot or job

    Princeton worker told to choose medical pot or job

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 2:19 PM EDT2014-09-02 18:19:48 GMT
    A Princeton University employee says he has been told to choose between medical marijuana and his job.
    A Princeton University employee says he has been told to choose between medical marijuana and his job.
Powered by WorldNow

WJBK-TV | Fox 2
16550 West Nine Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075

Main Station: (248) 557-2000
Newsroom: (248) 552-5103

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices