Teen pleads guilty in explosive device case - Fox 2 News Headlines

Teen pleads guilty in explosive device case

Posted: Updated:
Joshua Prater Joshua Prater
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) - A 19-year-old Tempe man accused of having an improvised explosive device in his bedroom in his family's home has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charge of disorderly count.

Joshua Prater had previously been charged with misconduct involving weapons, but a Maricopa County Superior Court spokeswoman says he pleaded guilty to the reduced charge Wednesday.

Police have said a cleaning woman in May 2013 found the device inside the home and took it to a fire station.

Firefighters notified police, and the bomb squad responded and disabled the device.

Follow this story:

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press modified.
Didn't find what
you were looking for?

Powered by WorldNow

WJBK-TV | Fox 2
16550 West Nine Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075

Main Station: (248) 557-2000
Newsroom: (248) 552-5103

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices