Hanover Township Youth and Family Services is seeking a dynamic, dedicated, and diligent person to apply for a key management position: the Clinical Manager. The Clinical Manager position is responsible for the clinical supervision and development of department therapists, managing the therapy services program and our Bachelors and Masters level internship programs. This position is part of the Department's management team that works to uphold the Department's Mission, the vision of the Town Board, and meet yearly strategic goals.
Those who have a Masters in Social Work, Psychology, or Family Therapy and a LCSW/LCPC with five or more years' experience supervising clinical staff and interns are encouraged to apply. This is a 40 hour, four day, per week position. Salary range is $55,000 - $60,000 annually, plus benefits.Please send a cover letter outlining interest, and resume to: John Parquette, LCSW, Director -- Fax (630) 483-5789.
Or you can send through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.Position Summary:
Under the direction of the Director, the Clinical Manager assists with meeting the Mission of Youth and Family Services by supervising and managing all aspects of clinical services as well as advising and coordinating programs, activities and services within areas of the Department. Serves as Acting Director in the absence of the Director. The Clinical Manger manages and develops all Clinical staff members. This position works to combat juvenile delinquency and promote positive youth development by providing leadership in developing opportunities for professional staff development and implementing practice based research in clinical services and programs offered. Participant of the Youth and Family Services Managerial Team in the oversight of applicable Township functions.Essential Job Functions:
• Supervise, coach and evaluate the performance of all clinical staff, as well as undergraduate and graduate student interns on a one-on-one basis and provide quality in-service training as needed.
• Facilitate multiple group and one-on-one meetings with direct reports to ensure best provision of services to Youth and Family Services clinical clientele.
• Monitors the quality of therapy services through formal supervision and review of written case documentation, treatment plants and case reviews.
• Trains staff in areas of harm reduction, safety procedures, confidentiality and mandated reporting.
• Audits clientele files to ensure accurate documentation is presented.
• Works with the Township Attorney on all requests for mental health records.
• Monitors and maintains the family therapy waiting list, as well as prioritizes and assigns all therapy cases.
• Maintains a caseload of family therapy cases utilizing best practices in the field of family therapy.
• Help develop and meet approved budget guidelines for the clinical services division with a focus on financially sustainable services through the review of fee structures, insurance reimbursement, and Affordable Care Act if applicable.
• Implement an outcome-based evaluation process for all programs to measure their effectiveness.
• Represents the department and is the mental health/clinical representative in monthly Hanover Township Social Service Wrap Planning meetings.
• Clinically supervises the CHOPE therapist within the Senior Services Department.
• Works collaboratively with the Office Manger and clerical team to maintain quality support systems.
• Helps with the preparation of documentation required for reporting monthly and annual statistics.
• Responsible for some Township event planning and assists in coordinating interdepartmental events as requested.
• Mandated reporter for the Illinois Child Abuse and Neglect, Elder Abuse laws.Supervisory Responsibilities:
• Provides general supervision to all Clinical staff members, CHOPE therapist and interns.Other Job Functions:
• Performs all other duties as assigned by the Director of Youth and Family Services.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Capacity to identify and manage multiple projects, programs and services in an efficient and effective manner.
• Patience in working with individuals that may have behavioral and mental limitations.
• Advanced knowledge and experience in family treatment theories, positive youth development and clinical practice required.
• Skilled in framing presenting problems in a family context, using Family Systems, Systemic models.
• Self aware about transference and counter transference reactions and how to use these to improve treatment.
• Capacity to manage strong emotions and mediate value conflicts effectively, as well as effectively manage clinically complex cases.
• Must possess excellent communication skills and lead constructive conversations.
• Familiarity with Social Work best practices and theories.
• Ability to clearly convey instructions to employees or team. Capable of speaking clearly and effectively before groups of people and answering questions appropriately.
• Ability to read, research, and analyze periodicals, professional journals and government laws and regulations.
• Ability to create and edit reports and correspondence from varied source material using appropriate style and format.
• Ability to maintain effective professional relationships with elected officials, staff, residents, parents, and vendors.
• Ability to interface effectively with diverse populations, including ethnicity, education, and socioeconomic backgrounds and read multiple environments.Education, Experience, and Computer Skills:
• MSW, M.A. or M.S. in Counseling Psychology, Clinical Psychology or Marriage and Family Therapy or related field.
• LCSW State of Illinois License in good standing
• Five years post-Masters clinical experience in the provision of therapeutic services to youth and families, preferably in a variety of settings.
• At least two years experience in the supervision of Masters level staff.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge and experience with managed care and insurance reimbursement.
• Extensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to Word, PowerPoint and Excel, as well knowledge of database management.