Nancy Grace tells father of missing boy he's been found alive hi - Fox 2 News Headlines

Nancy Grace tells father of missing boy he's been found alive his basement

Posted: Updated:
(WJBK) - Charlie Bothuell IV was overcome with emotion when he spoke with reporters shortly after learning his 12-year-old son, who had been missing for nearly two weeks, was found alive.

When police were conducting the search at the apartment complex Wednesday afternoon, the boy's father was doing an interview with talkshow host Nancy Grace. He was in the middle of that interview when he apparently first learned his son had been found alive in the basement of their Detroit townhome.

Fox 2's Andrea Isom shows us his reaction.

VIDEO: Watch the video in the video player above to watch. Video comes courtesy of CNN/Nancy Grace.  

Twelve-year-old Charlie Bothuell had been missing since June 14.

After being found, the boy was taken to receive any medical care he might need. The extent of his injuries, if any, was not made know.

Charlie Bothuell IV says he will see his son Thursday, and the boy is said to be with his biological mother at the hospital.
  • Download the FOX 2 Apps


  • FOX 2 News Five-Day Forecast
  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Neighbors tie pink ribbons to remember murdered Armada teen

    Neighbors tie pink ribbons to remember murdered Armada teen

    Monday, July 28 2014 5:48 PM EDT2014-07-28 21:48:30 GMT
    The community in Armada Township is pulling together to support the family of murdered 14-year-old April Millsap.
    The community in Armada Township is pulling together to support the family of murdered 14-year-old April Millsap.
  • Power outage numbers across southeast Michigan

    Power outage numbers across southeast Michigan

    Monday, July 28 2014 4:38 PM EDT2014-07-28 20:38:56 GMT
    As of 4 p.m., approximately 126,000 DTE Energy customers are out of power due to the high winds and lightning that hit southeast Michigan Sunday afternoon. DTE has restored power to 60,000 of the customers impacted by the storm.
    As of 4 p.m., approximately 126,000 DTE Energy customers are out of power due to the high winds and lightning that hit southeast Michigan Sunday afternoon. DTE has restored power to 60,000 of the customers impacted by the storm.
  • Let It Rip Weekend Proposal One and the Mongo Brothers

    Let It Rip Weekend Proposal One and the Mongo Brothers

    Let It Rip Weekend Proposal One and the Mongo Brothers

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:46 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:46:07 GMT
    How is Proposal One tied into funding our local schools, police and fire departments, plus should African Americans abandon the Democratic Party and the UAW?
    How is Proposal One tied into funding our local schools, police and fire departments, plus should African Americans abandon the Democratic Party and the UAW?

Powered by WorldNow

WJBK-TV | Fox 2
16550 West Nine Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075

Main Station: (248) 557-2000
Newsroom: (248) 552-5103

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices