Couple found dead in West Side garage died of carbon monoxide - Fox 2 News Headlines

Couple found dead in West Side garage died of carbon monoxide

Posted: Updated:
CHICAGO (Sun-Times Media Wire) - Two people found dead in a West Side garage Thursday afternoon, including a woman reported missing earlier in the week, died of accidental carbon monoxide intoxication, an autopsy has found.

Nicolette Medina, 25; and Marco Acevedo, 31, were discovered Thursday afternoon in a garage in the 3800 block of West Gladys Avenue, according to police and the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.

Both were pronounced dead at the scene at 4 p.m., according to the medical examiner’s office.

An autopsy Friday found both suffered carbon monoxide intoxication from inhalation of automobile exhaust within a closed garage. Their deaths were ruled accidental.

According to a missing person alert, Medina was last seen leaving her home in the 3800 block of West Lawrence Avenue on June 23. She told her roommate she would return, but never came back.

Acevedo lived in the 2400 block of West Haddon.

Follow Us!

Share Your Photos & Video

Powered by WorldNow

WJBK-TV | Fox 2
16550 West Nine Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075

Main Station: (248) 557-2000
Newsroom: (248) 552-5103

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices