Family: 5-year-old missing boy from Port Huron found dead - Fox 2 News Headlines

Family: 5-year-old missing boy from Port Huron found dead

Posted: Updated:
(WJBK) - The search for a missing 5-year-old boy from Port Huron has been canceled. Police in Port Huron tell Fox 2 Derrick Holmon has been found in a car not far from the home, but will not tell us his condition at this time.

Fox 2's Andrea Isom was at the scene. She spoke with family who tell her the little boy was found dead.

UPDATE: Police now confirm the little boy's death and say high heat may have been to blame.

The police department had earlier issued an Amber Alert for the boy, who has Down syndrome and a heart condition.

Fox 2 is working to learn the details surrounding the little boy's condition.

Stay with Fox 2 News for updates on this developing story.
  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • M-1 rail project to begin

    M-1 rail project to begin

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 8:31 AM EDT2014-07-22 12:31:11 GMT
    Woodward Avenue in downtown Detroit will soon be shut down for four months.
    Woodward Avenue in downtown Detroit will soon be shut down for four months.
  • Recalled: Fresh fruits sold at Trader Joe's, Costco & Sam's Club

    Recalled: Fresh fruits sold at Trader Joe's, Costco & Sam's Club

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 7:37 AM EDT2014-07-22 11:37:54 GMT
    A California company is recalling fresh fruits nationwide due to possible listeria contamination.
    A California company is recalling fresh fruits nationwide due to possible listeria contamination.
  • Pensioners approve Detroit bankruptcy plan

    Pensioners approve Detroit bankruptcy plan

    Monday, July 21 2014 11:39 PM EDT2014-07-22 03:39:04 GMT
    The city of Detroit says workers and retirees have approved pension cuts, a crucial step to emerging from the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history. The city reported results Monday after two months of balloting ended July 11. A judge still must hold a trial to determine if Detroit's overall bankruptcy plan is fair and feasible, but support from retirees is vital.
    The city of Detroit says workers and retirees have approved pension cuts, a crucial step to emerging from the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history. The city reported results Monday after two months of balloting ended July 11. A judge still must hold a trial to determine if Detroit's overall bankruptcy plan is fair and feasible, but support from retirees is vital.
  • Download the FOX 2 Apps


  • FOX 2 News Five-Day Forecast
Powered by WorldNow

WJBK-TV | Fox 2
16550 West Nine Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075

Main Station: (248) 557-2000
Newsroom: (248) 552-5103

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices